Welcome to Margaret's Tea Rooms
Located at the bottom of Lincoln’s historic Steep Hill, we offer the most unique selection of carefully crafted teas and cakes in the city. Our innovative infusions range from Sweet Shop to our signature blend Scotch Mist, and our freshly baked cakes include traditional classics and our unique Tutti Frutti and Kinder Egg cakes.
Talking of cakes, the proof is in the pudding and that’s probably why we’re ranked number one out of all coffee and tea shops in the city on Tripadvisor, as well as the fourth best place to eat in the whole city!
Experience Lincoln’s most tea-riffic experience for yourself – call us today to make your reservation.
The ‘Winter Collection’ teas are in! Four exciting festive teas to tantalise your taste buds… Cinnamon Swirl, Peppermint Fudge, Gingerbread Cookies & Pistachio Truffles. Available to buy in packs to gift or guzzle! Why not book in for the Seasonal Afternoon Tea, complimented by your choice of a festive tea. Stuck for gifting ideas… how about a Bespoke Tea Hamper, they’re a Tea-rific gift and everyone’s cup of tea!
Our Afternoon Tea for two is now available to book for only £24!
1) Scotch Mist (Floral / Zesty) Black tea, lavender, rose, grapefruit, bergamot & vanilla
2) Birthday Cake (Sweet / Jammy), Victoria sponge in a cup ssssshh, secret recipe!
3) A Day at Whitby (caffeine free), lemongrass, ginger, lemon peel & cornflower petals
4) Mucky Wellies (chocolatey vanilla), black tea, cacao husks, cacao nibs & vanilla pieces
5) By the Fireplace (smokey & sweet), lapsong suchong, darjeeling, apple pieces & safflower petal
6) Parma Violet (floral violet), black tea, mallow flowers & flavouring
7) Strawberry Laces (caffeine free), strawberry, apple, kiwi, blueberry, rosehip, hibiscus, orange peel & flavouring
8) Yorkshire Rhubarb (caffeine free), rhubarb, apple, hibiscus, elderberries, rosehip, cornflower petals & flavouring
9) Pure Camomile (herbal infusion), camomile
10) Organic Sencha (Chinese green tea), organic Sencha leaves
11) Earl Grey (traditional classic), black tea & bergamot oil
12) Duchess Early Grey (traditional classic), black tea & bergamot oil, lemon & orange peel, cornflower petals
13) Pure peppermint (herbal infusion) peppermint leaves
14) vanilla chai rooibos (classic), redbush, rooibos & vanilla
15) classic english breakfast (favourite / classic), assam & darjeeling
All of our teas are creatively blended by the Birdhouse Tea Company. We hope you are excited to try them, it’s a great excuse to return, right?
We’re the number one rated tea room in Lincoln! Here’s just a selection of what our guests have to say, and we’d love it if you could leave some comments about your experience too.
You’ll find us in at the bottom of Steep Hill, within easy reach of Lincoln’s best sights and the main shopping areas.
13b Garmston Street